Construction Status Information
Section 3RR BRIDGE CONSTRUCTION STAGING
Stage 1 March 2017 - Preliminary
- Replace northbound and southbound U.S. 202 shoulders in the work area with temporary pavement for use as travel lanes during construction shifts
- Begin repairs to Morstein Road overpass
Stage 2 begins April - Mid May 2017 - Preliminary
- Shift U.S. 202 north and south traffic to the right, utilizing the shoulders, to create a work area in the median;
- Build crossovers at northern and southern ends of the work zone; and
- Complete repairs to Morstein Road overpass.
Stage 3 Mid May 2017 to Mid 2018 - Bridge Construction Stages 1 & 2
- Place concrete barriers on southbound bridge and approaches to separate two southbound lanes from a single northbound Express Lane;
- Place concrete barriers on the northbound bridge and approaches to create a cattle chute that separates the northbound outside lane side from the inside lane and shift the left (inside) lane to “Express Lane” that was created on the southbound bridge;
- The right (outside) lane of U.S. 202 north remains on the northbound side for construction on the northbound bridge; and
- Complete restoration of northbound pavement between the bridge and Planebrook Road.
Stage 4 Mid 2018 to Mid 2019 - Bridge Construction Stages 2 & 3
- Repeat the Express Lane traffic pattern on the opposite side and construct the southbound bridge; and
- Complete restoration of southbound pavement between the bridge and Planebrook Road.
Stage 5 Mid-2019 to Late 2019
- Restore median north and south of bridges